2016 Studio T-Shirt

Look at what arrived in the mail recently! I love how our T-shirts turned out this year.

2016 T-shirt selfie w

Since 2012, I’ve ordered studio T-shirts each summer as a gift for my students. It’s a fun way to show appreciation for being a part of my studio and build camaraderie among my students. And it’s good marketing, too.

Just for fun, here’s a peek at the designs from past years.

2015:

20150616_145848 camp T shirt web

2014:

2014 T shirt

2013:

2013 Summer Camp T Shirt

2012:

I order my T-shirts through CustomInk.com. I like that your design is proofed by an artist on their team before it goes to printing. There are many music clip art options to choose from on their website. Or, you have the option of creating your own design in Photoshop or the program of your choice, and then uploading the design to their website.

Put on a happy F-A-C-E, my friends!

2016 T-shirts Challu family w

This entry was posted in studio business, what I'm up to and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted 27 July 2016 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

Love the shirt! Very clever. 2014 was pretty cool too!

2. Virginia
    Posted 27 July 2016 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

Love it! Do you mind if I use it?

3. Crystal Sexton
    Posted 27 July 2016 at 5:11 pm | Permalink

Love the t-shirt idea! I have thought about offering t-shirts, but I don’t charge enough to give them away. If you don’t mind my asking, what kind of price do you have to pay (on what quantity of shirts)?

• Posted 27 July 2016 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

I think it came out to roughly $12/shirt. But if you order more, the cost per shirt goes down. It’s definitely worthwhile to shop around and compare local companies again the online companies.

4. Jolene
    Posted 27 July 2016 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

Would you be willing to share your Happy Face logo/image so we can do the same thing in our studios? Or tell us how you made it? Or did you have the t-shirt place do it for you? THANK YOU! Really creative idea. Can you also tell us how much each shirt cost? I have 65 students, so this could get pricey – but what a great advertising idea! Thanks for sharing – I love ALL your shirts! :)

• Posted 27 July 2016 at 9:59 pm | Permalink

Hi, Jolene. I used Adobe Illustrator and the image files available at this blog post (http://colorinmypiano.com/2013/04/16/make-music-worksheets-using-my-free-png-files/) to create the F-A-C-E notes on the staff. Then, I uploaded the image to CustomInk’s site and added the text with their web-based design program. I’d be happy to email you the image file I made, if you’d like — just let me know!

The shirts came out to roughly $12/each. If you order more, the price per shirt generally goes down. It’s worthwhile to shop around. Be sure to compare local companies, too.

It’s been so fun to give out the shirts to my students this week! :)

• Posted 17 August 2016 at 10:56 am | Permalink

Hi Joy! I would love to use your idea, and if you’re willing to share your image file let’s talk about how I can reimburse you for your time and generosity. :)

5. Posted 27 July 2016 at 8:01 pm | Permalink

I love the clever designs, especially the tie and the happy face!

6. Debbie
    Posted 30 July 2016 at 10:46 am | Permalink

Love,love, love!!! I am still smiling!
    You never cease to amaze me with all your fabulous ideas!!
    I would love the image file!

7. Carol Woodall
    Posted 30 July 2016 at 6:44 pm | Permalink

Great shirts!! AND ideas! Thanks so much for the info too!

8. Posted 1 August 2016 at 7:33 am | Permalink

Awesome!! We need these for our piano teachers at Singapore Piano Hub! *.*

9. Maureen McNamee
    Posted 15 September 2016 at 10:08 pm | Permalink

Hello Joy: I love your site, you have great ideas and are so dedicated. I saw your 2016 studio t-shirt – it’s great! I was wondering if you could email me the image file. I would love to use it as a gift for my students. Thank you again for the inspiration and great ideas.

10. Cheryl Camp
    Posted 9 February 2017 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

Hello, Joy! All of these shirt ideas are so wonderful. Thank you for sharing! I would love the t-shirt email of the images of 2016 as well as any others you do not mind letting me use. Thank you!