Freebie: Signs for Beginner Piano

Over the last few months, I’ve created a collection of signs to use with my Piano Readiness and Homeschool Music classes:

I use them during class when I am teaching or reviewing concepts.  They can be useful for games too.  For example, I like to have students hold up or point to the correct symbol while I improvise high/low or loud/soft music on the piano.  I printed them on cardstock and laminated them to make them more durable.

There are other ways to use these signs:  They can be printed for beginner private students to keep as a reference.  Or, they can be hung up in on the wall in your studio.

You can download the pdf by visiting the Printables > Other Resources page and scrolling down to the S’s for “Signs for Beginner Piano.”  I hope you can find some way to use these with your students!

This entry was posted in beginners / elementary Level, group classes, other resources, Preschool / Early Childhood Music, private lessons and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted 10 September 2012 at 11:47 am | Permalink

Wow these are really great! You have some wonderful ideas on your blog. Thanks for sharing.

2. Posted 11 September 2012 at 8:36 am | Permalink

Great work. I will have to try these out on my Little ones

3. Posted 12 September 2012 at 8:28 am | Permalink

downloading! these are great Joy.

4. Ronald w alen
    Posted 13 September 2012 at 4:53 am | Permalink

Great, Thanks for your new way teaching. Its really useful to memorize the music notes.

5. Posted 14 September 2012 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

These are wonderful! I have printed them out and will be trying them on my beginners. Thank you for sharing!

6. Linda
    Posted 10 September 2015 at 12:47 am | Permalink

Great concepts! I have taught older students and have currently some requests to teach younger children. Your games and posts have given me food for thought. Thanks!