Freebie: Signs for Beginner Piano

Over the last few months, I’ve created a collection of signs to use with my Piano Readiness and Homeschool Music classes:

I use them during class when I am teaching or reviewing concepts.  They can be useful for games too.  For example, I like to have students hold up or point to the correct symbol while I improvise high/low or loud/soft music on the piano.  I printed them on cardstock and laminated them to make them more durable.

There are other ways to use these signs:  They can be printed for beginner private students to keep as a reference.  Or, they can be hung up in on the wall in your studio.

You can download the pdf by visiting the Printables > Other Resources page and scrolling down to the S’s for “Signs for Beginner Piano.”  I hope you can find some way to use these with your students!

Join the newsletter

Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time. Powered by ConvertKit

This entry was posted in beginners / elementary Level, group classes, other resources, Preschool / Early Childhood Music, private lessons and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted 10 September 2012 at 11:47 am | Permalink

Wow these are really great! You have some wonderful ideas on your blog. Thanks for sharing.

2. Posted 11 September 2012 at 8:36 am | Permalink

Great work. I will have to try these out on my Little ones

3. Posted 12 September 2012 at 8:28 am | Permalink

downloading! these are great Joy.

4. Ronald w alen
    Posted 13 September 2012 at 4:53 am | Permalink

Great, Thanks for your new way teaching. Its really useful to memorize the music notes.

5. Posted 14 September 2012 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

These are wonderful! I have printed them out and will be trying them on my beginners. Thank you for sharing!

6. Linda
    Posted 10 September 2015 at 12:47 am | Permalink

Great concepts! I have taught older students and have currently some requests to teach younger children. Your games and posts have given me food for thought. Thanks!

7. Cara
    Posted 5 March 2017 at 12:20 am | Permalink

Do you sell plans for Piano Readiness classes? I’d love to learn details on these classes, and buy your plans if you have them for sale. . .