I have finally completed the lesson plans for the Musical Olympics Camp! This pdf is a FREE download from the Printables > Lesson Plans page. Let me give another thank you to Sheryl Welles for her great game ideas, and for her permission to include descriptions of those games in the lesson plan.
This pdf also includes a few new printables I created for the Musical Olympics Camp. I decided to make some of those new printables available for download on the Printables page too, since some of them may easily be used for activities besides the camp. Here’s a list of all the printables:
- Flags – I printed these flags and attached them to 12-inch dowel rods. They were used in the Rhythm Ring Toss game, the Musical Alphabet Noodle Relay, and the Ultimate Rhythm Relay. One side of the flag has notes/rests, and the other has the letters A-G. (Find this printable within the “Musical Olympics Camp” lesson plans.)
- Musical Alphabet A-G Cards – I printed and laminated these cards as labels for the pop cans in the Shooting Gallery Game. (Find this page within the “Musical Olympics Camp” lesson plans.)
- Simple Rhythm Value Cards – I printed and laminated two sets of these cards for the Water Rhythm Relay game, to label the buckets for the Rhythm Beanbag Toss game, and to make the headbands for the “What Note Am I?” ice breaker game. (You can find this 2-page printable within the “Musical Olympics Camp” lesson plans.)
- Piano Key Flashcards – I printed and laminated these cards for the Shooting Gallery Game and other terminology games. (Download the “Piano Key Flashcards” from the Printables > Other Resources page, or find it within the “Musical Olympics Camp” lesson plans.)
- Spinners – I printed and laminated some of these spinners for the Water Balloon Keyboard Toss and the Build-A-Keyboard-Interval game during camp – but they have many other uses! Stay tuned – I will probably be adding more spinners to this pdf in the future. (Download the “Spinners” from the Printables > Games page, or find it within the “Musical Olympics Camp” lesson plans.)
- Musical Alphabet Word Cards – I printed and laminated two sets of these cards (only the three and four-letter words) for the outdoor version of Spell-A-Keyboard during camp. I have already posted these cards on the Printables > Games page.
- Musical Olympics Medal Inserts – You can download this modifiable Microsoft Word document (docx) on the Printables > Lesson Plan page. (I’ll try to add a photo of the medals to this post later.)
Enjoy all the new stuff!
My blogging might be a little sporatic over the next couple of weeks. I am busy working on the lesson plans for next week’s “So, You Want To Be A Composer?” camp! :)
Browse the posts in this series: