My piano teacher friend, Susan West, and I have been busy practicing a selection of Christmas duets in order to perform them for a handful of local events during this December. Check out our favorite duet books below!
Here is the list of piano duet books mentioned in the video:
- Christmas Music transcribed for Piano Four Hands, by Norman Dello Joio. (Late Intermediate)
- Christmas for 4-Hand Piano, by Joel Raney. (Advanced)
- Carols of Christmas for Piano, four hands, arranged by Eugene Butler. (Late Intermediate to Advanced. Unfortunately, this book appears to be out-of-print.)
- Christmas Duet Fantasies, by Robert D. Vandall. (Early to Late Intermediate)
- Sleigh Ride, by Leroy Anderson and arranged by Michael Edwards. (Early Advanced)
- Joyfully Joined Christmas Duets, arranged by Weekly & Arganbright. (Early Intermediate)
- Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer, by Johnny Marks and arranged by J. Louis Merkur. (This vintage sheet music was copyright 1953, so I’m not sure if it is still available!)
- Christmas for Two, arranged by Jerry Ray. (Student part if Late Elementary; Teacher/Parent part is Intermediate.)
Do you have Christmas duet recommendations for us to consider for next year? Please leave a comment below!