Studio Inspiration from Susan Hong

During the 2016 MTNA conference a few weeks ago, I stayed with my dear friend, Susan Hong. During my visit, I took a few photos of her beautiful studio and she has given me permission to share them with you today!

20160406_07-07-25

Here is the entry way.

20160401_12-55-05 wm

Upon entering, guests are met with this beautiful display of student photos. Susan used a modern-day instant print camera for this.

20160401_12-57-01 wm

The studio calendar is posted on the inside of the front door.

20160401_13-07-06 wm

Student birthdays are also on display near the front door.

20160401_12-54-22 wm

There is a waiting area just off the entry way.

20160401_12-56-04 wm

So comfortable and welcoming!

20160401_12-55-35 wm

Just off from the waiting area, there is a digital piano for students to use to warm up before their lesson. They can also use the dining room table for school work as they are waiting during a sibling’s lesson.

20160401_12-55-51 wm

After passing through the entry way, we enter the studio room. Susan has an upright piano and a Yamaha hybrid.

20160401_12-59-57 wm

Across from the pianos, Susan has her office workspace.

20160401_13-00-54 wm

I hope you enjoyed seeing Susan’s beautiful and organized studio space as much as I did!

By the way, Susan is the one who created the beautiful mandala-inspired piano coloring sheet I posted about last September. Please take a moment to check what else Susan has available in her Teacher Pay Teacher store.

IMG_4440

This entry was posted in other and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted 25 April 2016 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

Wow what a nice studio! I’ve been wanting to post pictures of students at my studio; gotta get me one of those cameras!

2. Kirsti Evensen
    Posted 26 April 2016 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

I love seeing other piano studios, thank you to Susan Hong for sharing her studio! I’ve never thought of doing a birthday calendar, what a great idea! I love how beautiful and inviting her studio space is.

• Posted 26 April 2016 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

Yes, Susan’s space felt so inviting! Thanks for your comment, Kristi!

3. Posted 28 April 2016 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

Such a wonderful and inviting space! Thank you for sharing these pictures, Joy and Susan! You’ve given me a lot of ideas for things to add next year :) Love the idea of the digital “warm-up” area and homework table!

4. Posted 29 April 2016 at 12:25 am | Permalink

This looks like a fantastic place to learn music. The warm-up keyboard is a brilliant idea. It looks great!

5. Posted 30 April 2016 at 11:57 am | Permalink

What a beautiful space she has, its so welcoming! Thanks for sharing :)

6. Posted 30 April 2016 at 1:04 pm | Permalink

Susan’s studio has really evolved! I haven’t visited in quite a while. Congrats, Susan, on such a beautiful space!

7. Posted 28 May 2016 at 5:42 am | Permalink

It’s really a great space for learning piano. I like the way she organize her studio, simple but so comfortable for students

8. Posted 15 February 2017 at 3:12 am | Permalink

I like the studio too. Looks really great. It’s very important for children to do classes in a comfortable place because as we know children are honest and if they don’t like something, they say about it. If they feel uncomfortable, they don’t want to do it. So yes, place is very nice.