Jumbo Note-Naming Flashcards

There are quite a few places you can download and print free music note-naming flashcards.  Anne Crosby’s website and Susan Paradis’ website come to mind, for example.  However, I recently realized that I wanted a set of jumbo-sized cards, to use with my Piano Readiness classes.

DSC_20130521_114625

I can hold up these jumbo-sized cards during class and my young students can still see the note on the staff.  Young beginners or students with disabilities may also benefit from having jumbo-sized flashcards.

I color-coded my flashcards according to the range of notes.  I printed the Middle C position notes on green paper, the next few notes up to Treble C and down to Bass C on yellow paper, and the next notes up to High C and Low C (ledger lines) on blue paper.

You can download this FREE pdf on the Printables > Other Resources page, under “Jumbo Note-Naming Flashcards.”

Jumbo Note-Naming Flashcards (459.7 KiB, 20,469 hits)

Yesterday, I asked for your favorite game ideas involving note-naming flashcards.  I can’t wait to try out some of your ideas — keep ’em coming!

This entry was posted in beginners / elementary Level, other resources, Preschool / Early Childhood Music and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Katie
    Posted 21 May 2013 at 11:07 pm | Permalink

Thank you for posting this and your forum question yesterday. This weekend I was unsuccessfully searching around for larger flashcards to update my old Alfred set that were getting worn and couldn’t find any. Imagine my surprise when I read your post today! Thanks again.

• Posted 22 May 2013 at 9:38 pm | Permalink

Wow, what a great coincidence! I’m glad we have such good timing! ;)

2. Susan
    Posted 23 May 2013 at 12:20 am | Permalink

Thanks again Joy :)

Great work !! I know my students would appreciate it….

3. Posted 27 May 2013 at 2:58 am | Permalink

Thanks! I’m going to use these!

4. Brandi
    Posted 4 September 2014 at 11:20 am | Permalink

I have been looking for something to help my little girl with her piano and this is the best website I have found. Thank you so much.

5. Lois
    Posted 7 November 2014 at 7:13 pm | Permalink

Thank you for all the wonderful resources. I’m a Great grandmother teaching my great granddaughter piano. Need a print out for the treble and bass clef notes.

6. Joel
    Posted 11 March 2015 at 9:54 am | Permalink

This is a great website

7. Posted 9 November 2015 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

thank you! just printed these to use with my classical conversations class!

8. hanz
    Posted 7 September 2016 at 9:35 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much mam.You’re the best!:) This material would really help my younger students read music easier.:)

9. Christy
    Posted 8 November 2016 at 11:49 am | Permalink

Thank you! I’m sitting at school, planning a 2nd grade music class and searched for large note flashcards and found yours. PERFECT! Thank you so much!

5 Trackbacks

• By Cycle 1 Week 8 | homeschoolingwithahappyheart on 21 October 2015 at 10:17 am

[…] of a shower curtain, duct tape, and wall decals.  My idea is that I will be able to show her a Jumbo Note Flash Card, and she will be able to jump to the correct line on the staff.  She also could just match the […]

• By Cycle 1 Week 9 | homeschoolingwithahappyheart on 24 October 2015 at 10:07 am

• By Cycle 1 Week 10 | homeschoolingwithahappyheart on 28 October 2015 at 10:04 am

• By Cycle 1 Week 11 | homeschoolingwithahappyheart on 2 November 2015 at 3:55 pm

[…] of a shower curtain, duct tape, and wall decals.  My idea is that I will be able to show her a Jumbo Note Flash Card, and she will be able to jump to the correct line on the staff. […]

• By Musique | chouette y a plus ecole on 17 April 2016 at 10:59 am