Over 20 Musical Spins on Favorite Games

Last week as I was browsing through some of my favorite music blogs, it occurred to me that it would be fun to see how many different familiar games music teachers have found ways to alter into music games!  And so I’ve started compiling a list:

If you know of other games to add to the list, please leave a comment or drop me an email.

Photo Credit: Chris Denbow | CC 2.0

This entry was posted in games, resources / links and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted 15 November 2010 at 8:17 am | Permalink

Joy, what a great list! Thank you for putting this together all in one place! Lots of great games and lots of creativity! Incidently, I have two pieces of wood waiting for my husband to cut them to make the silent keyboards you showed us! Thank you! I’m excited to try them at my next pre-piano camp!

• Posted 15 November 2010 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

Thanks, Sheryl! I think it’s just fabulous that teachers today can so easily share their ideas and creativity with each other via the internet. It’s a win-win for everyone (including our students)! I mean, just look at this list! It shows the dedication and resourcefulness that so many teachers bring to their calling. It’s wonderful to see.

I can’t wait to hear how the silent keyboards work for your pre-piano camp! I hope all goes well!

2. Posted 15 November 2010 at 10:42 am | Permalink

This is a great compilation, Joy! I have a Composer Trading game that is a musical version of “Pit” if you want to add that to your list. :-) http://musicmattersblog.com/2007/02/22/composer-trading-game/
    Thanks for all the great posts. I love your blog!

3. Posted 15 November 2010 at 10:55 am | Permalink

Thanks for compiling this list in one place! Wonderful! :)

• Posted 15 November 2010 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

You’re welcome! Thanks for sharing your game ideas on your blog. =)

4. Tish
    Posted 15 November 2010 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

Fabulous. I love new ideas to help make learning fun and different for my students. Thanks so much for the list.

5. Posted 15 November 2010 at 2:25 pm | Permalink

No problem, Tish! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

6. Posted 16 November 2010 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

AWESOME list! Thanks :)

7. Posted 1 January 2011 at 9:49 pm | Permalink

Wow..what a great collection of games/links. I have used several of D’Net’s games in my group piano classes and they are all huge hits with my students. Can’t wait to try the others!

8. Courtney
    Posted 11 July 2012 at 11:13 pm | Permalink

I just made a musical version of Chutes and Ladders today which can be found here: http://helpmeteachpiano.blogspot.com/2012/07/musical-chutes-and-ladders.html

2 Trackbacks