Setting Up A New Studio Space

This post is a long time coming. I haven’t been as active on my blog so far this year as I usually am, but I’m excited to finally have gotten these photos ready to share.

Earlier this year, I moved into a new space. I was looking for something that would allow for a more convenient layout for my studio being in my own home, and we found this wonderful old house to rent. Location-wise, it is still near my Perrysburg students, but it is actually closer for some of my original students in Bowling Green, which is where we first lived when my husband and I moved to Ohio.

I love old houses!

This is the waiting room area.

I’m using the foyer off from the studio as my office.

The view from my office looking into the studio.

My students and I have been calling this place “Piano Manor” just for fun. :)

It took time things set up, but I am loving this space so far and can’t wait to run my summer camps here this summer!

This entry was posted in what I'm up to and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted 2 May 2017 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

Looks great, Joy! Great photos!

2. janet rutter
    Posted 2 May 2017 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

Nice studio! Beautiful hardwood floors. Looks ready for lots of learning and creativity!

3. Posted 2 May 2017 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

It’s beautiful! You may have posted about this before, but I’d love to know more about your piano. What’s the make? We are casually looking for pianos for our new home, so I’m curious to know what other people have.

4. Posted 2 May 2017 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

Fantastic! There’s nothing like having an environment like this to additionally inspire performance, creative thought and great teaching!

5. Dana
    Posted 2 May 2017 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

It looks wonderful! What a beautiful space inside and out. Have fun!

6. Jan Gray
    Posted 2 May 2017 at 7:32 pm | Permalink

I am wanting to do the same! Our house sits up on a hill with a terraced front yard and parents park behind the house. It is not conducive for summer camps because of drop off and pick up on that steep driveway. I keep hoping somoene will come offer to buy ours so we can move. I know of a place I think would work wonderfully but I can’t imagine having a house on the market and trying to teach at the same time…. Congratulations!

7. Lise Prive
    Posted 2 May 2017 at 8:16 pm | Permalink

How quaint! Very inspiring atmosphere! Enjoy!

8. Emma
    Posted 20 June 2017 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

Beautiful! How do you store all your musical games? I’m getting quite a collection (thanks for your great ideas!) but I haven’t found a good way yet to store them and have them easily accessible during a lesson.