MusicEdConnect.com Today!

My suitcase from my vacation in Puerto Rico is still not unpacked…but I am SO ready for my session with MusicEdConnect.com today at 12:30am EST!  I have all my games out and ready for demonstration, as you can see.

photo

Maybe I’ll see some of you there!  :)

This entry was posted in what I'm up to and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted 6 February 2014 at 11:21 pm | Permalink

Thank you so much for your presentation today. I can’t wait to watch the replay so I can take notes and make plans. I was too busy during the live presentation to give it my full attention but I did hear some great ideas meriting careful consideration. Thank you!

• Posted 7 February 2014 at 8:53 pm | Permalink

Thanks for being there live, Heather! I’m glad you were able to glean some new ideas!

2. KathyG
    Posted 7 February 2014 at 10:36 am | Permalink

Joy, I was able to catch most of your presentation. Wow, you were so organized and well-prepared. I was frantically trying to take notes — couldn’t figure out how to actually download your handout, but I’m sure that will become clear at some point. But I was able to open a window in my iPages and type super fast.

As someone mentioned in the chat, it was really helpful to have your outline of games by concept. What tickled my funny bone, about halfway through, was the sight of you holding up yet another plastic bag full of game cards, and then another, and then another. You were ready for us! And I love the photo above, with the ‘behind the scenes’ shot of your setup. Kind of like stepping through the ‘mirror’ of your webcam, right into your studio. So fun.

I am looking forward to spending some time looking into some of these super games, and being able to use them with a bit more conscious planning and confidence. Thank you so much for being part of the conference, and sharing your shining, smiling face and teaching wisdom with us.

• Posted 7 February 2014 at 8:51 pm | Permalink

Kathy, thanks for taking the time to write such a kind comment! Check your email inbox — I’ve emailed you the handout. Yes, I was very organized for the presentation! I had the games laid out in order on the ottoman on my left side and there was also a wicker love seat on my right hand side. I think I practiced running through the presentation a total of three times, just to make sure I knew what I was doing. :)

3. KathyG
    Posted 7 February 2014 at 10:39 am | Permalink

One more thought. And pardon me if you have already addressed this in a previous blog post. I would love to see photos of your studio organizational systems. You mentioned in your presentation that you kept your group games in a closet away from the piano, and the at-the-lesson games, for spontaneous use with students, closer to the piano. I am still struggling with a good system for storing and keeping track of games — so many little cards, tokens, and instructions!

• Posted 7 February 2014 at 8:52 pm | Permalink

Sure, I can certainly share some photos of my organizational system. Watch for them in a future blog post!