Last month’s discussion forum brought out some great comments from you all! Most of you agreed that the teacher should play something on student recitals when possible, as long as the piece is not overly showy.
The dicussion topic for the January Forum:
Do you have any teaching goals for 2011? What changes or improvements would you like to make in your studio this year? What other goals do you have for yourself or your students?
The beginning of a new year is a great time to reassess and set attainable goals. Here are a few quick ideas just to get you brainstorming…
- Improve the studio business end-0f-things.
- Focus more on technique.
- Focus more on functional skills.
- Gain 5 more students.
- Incorporate more interactive games/activities in the lesson.
- Better communication with parents/students.
- Tailor lessons to individual students more.
- Get organized.