A week from last Saturday, I held another piano party with my students. Unfortunately, I neglected to take photos AGAIN, despite the fact that my camera was ready within reach. Bummer! 🙂
Here is a list of the activities we did during our hour-and-a-half together:
- Music Jenga (as students arrive)
- BANG rhythm game – as I described more fully in a previous post.
- Musical Truth or Dare – This is a new game by Jennifer Fink from Pianimation.com. It worked really well for my multi-level group of students because she has provided three different levels of cards. I used Levels 1 and 2 with my students. To put a holiday twist on this activity, I put the Level 1 cards in a santa hat and the Level 2 cards in an elf hat (hats were bought at the dollar store a few years ago). My students loved this game and asked to play it again next month!
- Carol Dictation Worksheet – This worksheet is also by Jennifer Fink. Students worked on their own to notate the rhythm of “We Wish You A Merry Christmas.”
- Student performances – I allowed each student to play a piece or two that they are working on.
- Debussy lapbook – This lapbook will be available in the ColorInMyPiano shop sometime in January!
I always try to hit on a variety of skills during these group classes, and we sure did this time! We covered terminology, rhythm, dictation (aural skills), performing, and music history!