I can’t believe it is December already! This year, I decided to design my own music-themed Christmas photo card to send out to my family and give to my piano students. My husband and I have started a tradition of taking a photo of ourselves with our cats (donned in their mini Santa hats) each year. 🙂
The best part about designing your own photo card template is that they are much cheaper to print. I paid the normal rate for printing 4×6 photos at my local store (rather than paying extra to use the templates provided in the machines at photo centers).
If you would like to use this template too, you are welcome to it! Due to the size of this file (15MB), I have added it to DropBox and you can download it here. You will need access to a program like Photoshop (Photoshop Elements or Lightroom is fine) to edit the text and insert your own photo. Here are the directions:
- Open the file in Photoshop.
- Select the text layer, and change the words to your family members’ names.
- Select the layer called “Put your photo here!” Open a photo of your family, and then drag and drop it to replace the current image.
- Go to File > Save As. Change the file format to jpeg, title the file whatever you wish, and save it to your desktop.
- Print the photo using your favorite online service, or put the file on a flashdrive to take to your local store.
I hope your holiday plans are going well!