This week, I received an friendly email from a piano teacher in Texas who is looking for ways to professionalize her studio. I already sent her a reply via email but I was thinking that you readers may have some suggestions and advice for her too — so here are some of her questions!
- Do I need a business license?
- Should I maintain a webpage and how do I do that?
- Is what I have (20 students) enough to call it a studio?
- How do I know if I am charging enough?
- How do I find a place for a recital that doesn’t cost much?
So please – share! What advice do you have for this teacher?