This free printable is a handy reference sheet to give out to students who are just learning to read musical notation from the staff.
What it contains:
- notes and their values, eighth through whole.
- rests and their values, eighth through whole.
- word mnemonics for figuring out the letter names of notes on the staff:
- Treble staff lines: Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge
- Treble staff spaces: FACE
- Bass staff lines: Great Big Dogs Fight Animals
- Bass staff spaces: All Cows Eat Grass
There are many different word mnemonics for remembering the lines and spaces on the staff. Which ones do you use?