The new year is here! Here’s some highlights from 2009:
- Benefits of Holding A Piano Studio Recital | a list of reasons why to hold a piano recital for your students to participate in!
- An Inspiring Reminder | sorry for its length, but I promise you won’t regret reading the whole thing! This post discusses the role and the importance of the arts in our society. Very encouraging for musicians and music teachers!
- Music + Imagination | a musing on the purpose and goals of both learning and teaching piano.
- A Closer Look at MuseScore: Free Music Notation Software | In this highly-popular post, I give a review and test-drive the MuseScore software.
- Checklist for Planning Student Recitals | This handy post gives a “to-do” checklist for planning a studio recital — very appropriate as the we approach the spring recital season!
- 6 Ways to Stay Connected With Parents | As the title suggests, this posts lists some ideas for keeping the parents of your piano students in-the-loop!
- 55 Reasons Why You Might Be a Theory Geek | This post provides some humor for those who are knowledgeable in music theory.
- Photos demonstrating Proper Posture at the Piano | This post links to one of the most helpful resources I’ve ever found on the web: photos of proper body, arm, and hand position at the piano. Check it out!
- Organizing your Music Library | In this post, I show off my new book shelf and describe my method of organizing my music library.