Wow, it’s November already. Here in Michigan, the signs of autumn’s arrival are unmistakable:
- I can see my breath in the morning when my husband and I ride our bikes to campus.
- I hauled out my warm, knee-high leather boots out from the midst of the “under-bed.”
- The trees are changing colors. I just love the brilliant displays of red, orange, and yellow.
- Leaves are EVERYWHERE. The front yard is covered with a layer of leaves a few inches thick. Our cars are almost buried (only a slight exaggeration). They are threatening to come in through the front door.
I’m happy that fall is here. I only hope is that it sticks around for awhile before winter comes. I’m not sure I’m ready for snow quite yet.
Anyhow! Since the birth of colorinmypiano.com in July of this year, I am happy to say that the number of visitors to this site has been slowly but steadily increasing. To date, colorinmypiano.com receives an average of 136 visitors a day. Wow, and thank you!
Here’s a look-back at a few favorite blogs posts from Summer 2009:
- What to Include in your Studio Policies — what to include, and what not to include? Check it out. Also find a sample studio policies handout here.
- Conducting Student Interviews — some tips for what to do at the first lesson with a new beginner or transfer student. find sample forms for conducting student interviews here.
- A Closer Look at MuseScore: FREE music notation software — read about my test drive of MuseScore, free music notation software that just might be good enough to compete with the popular Finale and Sibelius softwares.