Christmas Piano Duet Recommendations

Hello, friends!

My piano teacher friend, Susan West, and I have been busy practicing a selection of Christmas duets in order to perform them for a handful of local events during this December. Susan was kind enough to join me for today’s video to share a peek at the books we are using this year for our duet repertoire. Check out our favorite duet books and listen to our live performance of Norman Dello Joio’s O Come All Ye Faithful arrangement in the video below!

2877961Here is the list of piano duet books mentioned in the video:

Do you have Christmas duet recommendations for us to consider for next year? Please leave a comment below!

* * * * *

Thanks for watching. All past broadcasts are here: ColorInMyPiano.com/live/. To watch future broadcasts live, download the free Periscope app (for iOS or Android), search for @joymorinpiano, and hop online on Mondays at noon Eastern time. Hope to see you next time!

Do you have suggestions about what we could discuss in future Periscopes? Please submit your ideas by clicking here. I appreciate your input!

This entry was posted in broadcasts, repertoire / methods and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted 9 December 2015 at 2:06 am | Permalink

I’ve recently purchased the Phillip Kevern Christmas duet book, and it’s really quite lovely. His arrangement of Joy to the World features many different elements that make for a fun listening and playing experience.

2. Cheryl Lake
    Posted 12 December 2015 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the suggestions…..going to put them on my wish list for next year as I have already purchased the ones for this year. The Christmas Music one looks like it will work for me and the person I duet with at church…

3. Lori Bolt
    Posted 12 December 2015 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

Love your ideas, but I wonder if you might be able to remind us of past holiday posts much earlier than December. We teachers are probably planning Christmas music and gifts in early fall.. I remember the Christmas gift ideas from last year, but posted too late both times. Maybe I just over looked the links this fall?

• Posted 15 December 2015 at 9:06 am | Permalink

Very good suggestion, Lori. I’ll try to do better next year.

4. Alice
    Posted 12 December 2015 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

My favorite Christmas Duet collection is Dennis Alexander’s Magic of Christmas. I haven’t seen books 1 and 2, but Book 3 is delightful with a variety of styles, and my duet partner and I have played most of them several times at retirement home or church events.

5. Gordon MIller
    Posted 12 December 2015 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

I have really enjoyed the Persichetti Appalachian Christmas Carols. I have several adults that enjoyed sharing these with me.