I just sent out an email today to my mailing list for the Piano Teacher Institute online courses. Below are the details to announce that I am preparing another session of the “Intro To Piano Teaching” course. The dates for this online course will be January 5 through February 16.
This 6-week course is intended for piano teachers seeking to learn more about business topics, piano methods, pedagogy, and much more. The ideal registrant is an individual with the willingness to spend at least 4-5 hours each week reading/studying the weekly topics and interacting with other registrants in forums and videochat discussions. This highly intensive course is the perfect crash course for the new piano teacher or a great refresher for the experienced piano teacher.
Here are the weekly topics covered during the course:
- Business Sense — business structures, bookkeeping, taxes, marketing, and more.
- On Teaching and Learning — teaching objectives, learning styles, and developmental stages.
- Developing Music Literacy in Students — music literacy, music education philosophies, a history and overview of current piano methods.
- Piano Technique for Beginners — developing posture, hand shape, fingering, pedaling, and more.
- Finding and Choosing Repertoire — leveling, publishers, anthologies, editions and more.
- Lesson/Curriculum Planning — leading the lesson, making assignment sheets, effective practicing, and planning long-term for students.
You can learn more about the course and read testimonials by visiting institute.joymorin.com.
Registration will open on Monday, December 15 at 9am Eastern time, one week from today. Registration will automatically close after the first ten teachers have registered. Registration usually fills within 24 hours, so if you are determined to take the course I would advise that you mark your calendar and be timely about watching the registration page.
After the Winter 2015 offering, I anticipate that the next course offering will occur Summer 2015.
Thanks for your interest, friends!