Watch this Google Hangout Discussion about Piano Methods

Whew!  I feel like I have so much to share, but not enough time to share it!  ;)

Last week, I held a summer camp for my piano students called “Practice Tips & Tricks.”  It was a fun week.  For my birthday last month, my husband gave me a projector.  (Yes, I’m a techno-geek!)  It was wonderful to be able to have a large visual to use during camp!  I hope to share more details about all this later.

On Friday, I held another Google Hangout this time talking about piano methods.  You can watch the video here.  We did encounter some technical difficulties unfortunately — I apologize about that!  Thanks for bearing with us during this experiment.  :)

I have another Google Hangout scheduled for this Friday at 11am Eastern time.  Please visit the event page here to get all the details and feel free to submit questions for us to discuss in advance.

More later!  :)

This entry was posted in professional development, repertoire / methods, technology and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Linda
    Posted 22 July 2014 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

I very much appreciated your video/blog on piano methods. It gave me a little encouragement as to my own choices in methods and also, I’m anxious to check out a few new ones, especially the “Piano Pront” method.
    Thank you and I’ll be looking for more to come!

2. Jane
    Posted 22 July 2014 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

Thank you so much, Joy! I just watched the video and appreciate all of the great advice from you three. I look forward to checking out the resources and branching out in my own teaching this fall. I tend to get too stuck in one method, but I realize there is so much more out there! Keep up the great work, and thank you for all the time and work you put into your website. Many teachers and students benefit from the work you’re doing! :)

3. Posted 23 July 2014 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much for sharing these videos with all of us! I was fascinated by the mention of Dalcroze Eurythmics. Do you have a recommended resource to learn more about this method?

• Posted 25 July 2014 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

Hi Vanessa, I experienced Eurythmics on the receiving end as a college student, so I don’t have any real training and actually haven’t done a lot of reading about it, either. The wikipedia article is great for getting some general information first, though, and I have heard good things about this book. There is teacher training available in certain cities (see here), but anyone can incorporate elements of Eurthythmics in their teaching.

4. Cara
    Posted 28 July 2014 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

Thank you for posting this video. I loved hearing about some of the new methods to check out (.e.g, Irina Gorin’s). I’d also LOVE to know more about your Practicing Camp which you mentioned at the beginning of the post–please share details!

5. Cathrine
    Posted 29 July 2014 at 10:21 pm | Permalink

Ditto Cara’s request for info on your practicing camp! And I’m gleaning lots of nuggets from these hangouts–thanks so much for posting them on youtube!