Studio Artwork Notebook update

Remember back in April when I visited Jody and her Piano Cottage?  In her waiting room area, she had a blank notebook lying around for students to draw artwork.

After being inspired by Jody, I ordered a blank, hardcover notebook from Amazon for my own waiting room area. It has been a few months now, and I thought I would share a peek at some of the artwork students have created!

2013-09-010

Yes, even my cat Coda made it into the notebook!  :)

This entry was posted in inspiration, studio business and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Michelle Miller
    Posted 10 September 2013 at 9:24 am | Permalink

I love it! I put a whiteboard in my waiting area and called in a Genius board for the students to doodle and leave messages (idea from Paul Coates and Calming the Practice Monster) but this is such a lovely keepsake idea! Thanks for sharing it along!

2. Robbin
    Posted 10 September 2013 at 7:41 pm | Permalink

Another idea I want to steal…I love my students’ artwork. In fact, the recital cover of one of my students from last year is still displayed on my piano. (OK, so he did write I Love You on the front.)

Yes, I always have my students design a cover for our recital program. A friend of mine selects the winner. I then have a separate program made for each student with his own artwork on the cover.

3. kevin
    Posted 10 September 2013 at 8:41 pm | Permalink

a great idea for my student ,,,,

4. Jane
    Posted 10 September 2013 at 10:02 pm | Permalink

I love this idea! I have saved artwork, cards, etc. from students over the years, but it would be fun to have drawings and comments in one place. I know the waiting siblings would enjoy another activity. And great idea, Robbin, to have the students design the recital program cover. I think I will be “borrowing” both of these ideas! Thanks!

5. Amy
    Posted 10 September 2013 at 10:36 pm | Permalink

You inspired me to do the same! Such a great idea!

6. Posted 10 September 2013 at 11:54 pm | Permalink

I borrowed the same idea, but it didn’t work out so well for me! Students were leaving the colored pencils and all scattered and messy in the waiting area so I stopped putting them out :(

• Posted 11 September 2013 at 10:15 pm | Permalink

That’s a shame, Leia! So far, my students have been great about putting the crayons back in their box.