DIY Project: Recital Countdown!

Do you have any 4×6 photo frames lying around?  It’s time to put one to good use!

recital countdown background

This do-it-yourself project will help remind your students about upcoming studio events each time they come for their piano lesson.  :)

Materials:

1. 4×6 photo frame
  2. Printed background (download the free JPG file on the Printables > Other Resources page — scroll down to “Recital Countdown”).  When you print, be sure that the image is printing at the actual 100% size.
  3. Dry erase marker

Recital Countdown (1.3 MiB, 2,958 hits)

Directions: Design a background (or print the one I’ve created), insert it into a 4×6 photo frame, write the event & countdown number on the glass with a dry erase marker, and place your new Recital Countdown on/near your piano!

Enjoy!  :)

This entry was posted in other resources, recitals / performances and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted 30 April 2013 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Good Idea! Making one up today.

2. Posted 30 April 2013 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

Clever! I love it…doing it!

3. Kerry Drombosky
    Posted 30 April 2013 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

What a great idea!! I’ve been writing “5 more weeks until the recital!” in everyone’s assignment notebook- but, considering they NEVER read their assignment notebooks, it hasn’t been accomplishing much! this might do the trick!

4. Posted 30 April 2013 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

Oh this is the cutest thing! :)

5. Posted 30 April 2013 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

Another great idea, Joy :) Thanks for sharing! I’ve got so many unused frames sitting around. I’m going to make up one of these tomorrow!

6. Posted 1 May 2013 at 3:01 am | Permalink

I love this! And will definitely be using it – it’s easy enough for even me to try :)

7. Sherri
    Posted 1 May 2013 at 9:07 am | Permalink

Great idea! However, I’m having trouble printing it in the 4 x 6 size. Even when I reduce, it prints out too big.

Thanks!

• Posted 1 May 2013 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

In your computer’s print menu, there should be an option somewhere to “print at actual size,” or maybe you can enter “100%” for the size. Let me know if that helps!

8. Melissa
    Posted 5 May 2013 at 8:56 pm | Permalink

I, too, love this idea! Very creative as always!! Like Sherri, I am having difficulty getting this to print as a 4×6. I have reduced it down to 30% – – yet it measures closer to a 5×7. Any other suggestions? Thank you!

• Posted 6 May 2013 at 9:38 am | Permalink

Thanks for the update, Melissa. I’ve decided to re-upload the file, this time as a pdf instead of a jpg file. I think this should solve the problem!

• Sherri
        Posted 6 May 2013 at 7:49 pm | Permalink

Thank you very much for changing the format of the Recital Countdown. Got it now! Such great ideas on your site. Thanks again,
        Sherri

9. Posted 6 May 2013 at 10:24 am | Permalink

This is awesome. I’m now motivated to do all my recital planning this morning! Thanks.

10. Melissa
    Posted 6 May 2013 at 12:58 pm | Permalink

It worked perfectly, Joy! Thank you! Just in time – it’s recital week! :)

11. Margarita