Piano Valentine Craft (Printable & Tutorial)

Today, I have a fun little printable and tutorial to share just in time for Valentine’s Day.

The ladies in my Bible Study decided to hold a Craft Night last Friday, so I decided I to find a project to make music-y valentines for my piano students.  However, when I googled and checked Pinterest for music-themed Valentine ideas, I came up empty-handed.  So, I decided to design my own piano valentines.

I designed the grand piano shape and keyboard in Microsoft Word, and then printed the pages out on red, pink, and white cardstock paper.  After cutting everything out, I embellished the piano lids with foam stickers and felt stickers.  Using a glue stick, I glued the keyboard onto the piano shape, and then glued the whole piano onto the box of Sweetheart candies.

There is even a stick to hold the piano lid open!  That part is optional.  To make this project a little simpler, you could skip the stick if desired.

To download the free pdf for making these valentines, visit the Printables > Other Resources page and scroll down to P’s for “Piano Valentine Printable.”  Directions are included in the pdf.  Enjoy!

UPDATE:  A reader sent me this photo showing the neat variation she came up with:

UPDATE #2:  To see another piano-themed valentine printable I designed, check out this post!

This entry was posted in other resources, printables, seasonal / holiday and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted 30 January 2012 at 8:21 am | Permalink

Oooh … SO cute! I made this (http://girlsinwhitedresses.wordpress.com/2011/02/09/easy-valentine-candy-treat/) last year, and planned to repeat this year, but hmmmm … I do love these. I may have to switch. Thank you so much!

2. Posted 30 January 2012 at 11:09 am | Permalink

What a cute idea!
    I also searched for some ideas, and found this… http://www.ehow.com/list_6003435_preschool-music-activities-valentine_s-day.html
    I kind of liked the Musical Heart Art game, but wasn’t exactly satisfied… Thanks for sharing your creativity.

3. Posted 30 January 2012 at 2:10 pm | Permalink

These are sooooo cute!

4. Posted 30 January 2012 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

These are adorable. Now, looking for time to make 95 of them for all of the students in my studio.

• Posted 30 January 2012 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

lol. Assembling these did take some time, and I only made 13… :)

5. Posted 30 January 2012 at 8:42 pm | Permalink

Joy, these are super cute!!! I may have to make these for my students… Thanks for sharing!

6. Posted 31 January 2012 at 8:59 am | Permalink

I agree with the other persons!

For Valntine’s day, what an original, beautiful and irresistible idea for a pianist.

7. Susan Paradis
    Posted 1 February 2012 at 8:47 am | Permalink

This is SO cute! Thank you so much for posting the instructions and the excellent photos!

8. Erica Picciano
    Posted 1 February 2012 at 10:55 am | Permalink

they are really cute! I tried to make one but it came out small. It should though right? It’s a mini keyboard. Great idea! :)

9. Posted 4 February 2012 at 4:45 pm | Permalink

These are adorable- definitely going to give these a try!

10. Posted 5 February 2012 at 10:01 am | Permalink

So cute! I will use these for my Kindergarten Class. Thank you!

11. Posted 5 February 2012 at 10:24 am | Permalink

Love this…my students will really enjoy these. Thank you!

12. Christina Sahloff
    Posted 5 February 2012 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

What a wonderful and inventive idea. I cannot wait to make these and give them to my students. I might even make them for my early childhood music students.

13. Posted 9 February 2012 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

Hi There, very nice idea, may I use this tutorial and images in my site? in exchange i create a backlink to your site.

• Posted 25 February 2012 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

You may use a photo and then link to this post, but please do not copy and paste my whole post into your website. Thanks for your interest!

14. Posted 10 February 2012 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

Just printed off a set to make for my students. Thanks so much for sharing this cute idea (and the template)!

15. Posted 17 December 2012 at 8:45 am | Permalink

The mini pianos are so cute – thanks for sharing!

16. Posted 4 February 2013 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

I just printed these adorable little piano valentines. Such a simple to use template and clear directions. I have used many of your free printables in my new studio and both my students and I have loved every one of them! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity and inspirational ideas with all of us teachers.

17. Posted 4 February 2013 at 6:38 pm | Permalink

Just wanted to stop by and say I LOVE your Valentine. We featured it in today’s Sassy Quest on Liberace Day too! Awesome creativity. Love it.

2 Trackbacks