Tour of My Teaching Studio

Today I’m proud to take you on the penny tour… :)

My husband and I feel so blessed to have found this adorable old house to rent.

Follow me up the front stairs towards the porch, and you’ll pass this pot of pansies – my favorite!  I bought them on clearance at Wal-Mart for a dollar each, and put them into a couple of pots we had lying around.

After walking through the enclosed porch, we are now in the living room which also serves as a waiting area for the piano studio.  And, yes, you can see my Kawai from here!  We are using the dining room as my piano studio, since the kitchen is large enough to hold our small dining room table.

I love all the woodwork in this old house.  They don’t make ’em like they used to!!

The fireplace in the living room is non-functional, but I love how it looks!

The dining room teaching studio has a built-in drawers and cabinets, perfect for storing sheet music and music games!

Perfect fit!

…some random stuff I hope to use during monthly group lessons and Piano Readiness Classes.  :)

That doorway leads into the kitchen.  The door on the right is a hallway leading to two bedrooms and the bathroom.

My studio bulletin board currently features some of the thank you cards I received from students before we moved away.  :(  Hopefully soon it will also feature photos of new students here in Ohio!

Here’s where I sit while teaching.  It’s just a folding chair for now, but eventually I hope to replace it with a comfy computer chair.  The bookshelf is the studio lending library.  The little filing cabinet and the black binder on top of it helps keep me organized.  :)

The piano came with this little stool.  I’m think I’m going to ask my mom to help me make a cushion for it, because it does get rather hard after awhile.  The good thing, though, it that it is adjustable in height which is great for young students!

The ivories (yes, real ivories!) are in near perfect condition.

I love my piano teaching studio!  I couldn’t have imagined a better setup.  What a blessing!

This entry was posted in studio business, what I'm up to and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted 23 June 2011 at 7:59 am | Permalink

That looks great, Joy! So professional and yet so homey. :) I love those stools that adjust- I remember my Grandmother having one. I used to spin around on it for hours. :) Are you considering getting a bench as well for duets and such?

• Posted 23 June 2011 at 9:00 am | Permalink

Thanks, Leah! I do plan to get a bench eventually…..just need to save up for it! :)

2. Posted 23 June 2011 at 10:49 am | Permalink

Congratulations on your new studio! It is very inviting and warm. I wish you many happy teaching days…
    Dorla

3. Posted 23 June 2011 at 11:25 am | Permalink

Looks wonderful! All the best in it…

4. Posted 23 June 2011 at 11:37 am | Permalink

Look at all those built in drawers and cabinets! Beautiful! Your new nest reminds me of my first studio, but yours is much bigger! Thanks for the tour, it’s fun to see things coming together for you.

5. Posted 23 June 2011 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

How LOVELY Joy! Your house and new teaching studio are absolutely beautiful, thank you for sharing. Congratulations on being the proud owner of the Kawai grand, I’m sure you must be just in love with it!

6. Posted 23 June 2011 at 2:37 pm | Permalink

Love it all Joy! So inviting, enjoy it all! Good memories to come… ;)

7. Posted 23 June 2011 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

I love the new place! I think it looks perfect for teaching! We will be moving soon so I am hoping to be as fortunate as you!

8. Posted 23 June 2011 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

First off- LOVE the house! Older homes have so much more character! And all that storage space…seems like it was made for a piano studio ;)

Thanks for the virtual tour!

9. Posted 23 June 2011 at 4:49 pm | Permalink

I love how the entry way to the piano room “frames” your piano…. and the storage cabinets are amazing!

10. Posted 25 June 2011 at 10:14 am | Permalink

Looks great Joy! Thank you for sharing! :)

11. Angella
    Posted 15 September 2012 at 3:45 pm | Permalink

Thanks joy, for the tour of your piano studio. Looks great your home has a wam
    feeling. I love the storage cabinets nice set up.

12. Posted 1 March 2013 at 1:27 am | Permalink

You have a really beautiful home and studio room! I taught out of my living room when I first started my studio in October, and in January moved into my tiny dining room. It works for now, and I’m happy to have a dedicated teaching room, but I’d really love to move to a bigger space one day! :)

13. Posted 31 December 2014 at 8:35 am | Permalink

Your studio is so inviting; I am sure kids love to study with you.

14. Posted 9 May 2015 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

I absolutely love your blog. The information you give is fantastic. I hope things are going well for you! I am in the process of “thinking” about teaching and your blog is so helpful!!!

15. Jii hong Park
    Posted 31 May 2016 at 9:04 pm | Permalink

Hi Joy,

I am building my studio/website, and I learned a lot from your beaufitul works. Thank you.

Jii hong