After browsing through the colorinmypiano.com archives and — alas! — it seems that we’ve missed our own anniversary!
Here’s a rundown of the history of the colorinmypiano.com blog:
- It was on February 28, 2009 that I first conceived of this blog and wrote my first post: a welcome and brief statement of purpose. I found my inspiration largely from Natalie Wickham’s Music Matters Blog and Susan Paradis’ Piano Teacher Resources. My blog was initially a free wordpress blog, titled “Piano Teaching Blog” (or something similar). At this point, I was running a successful piano studio of about 20 students out of my parent’s home, and finishing up my Bachelor’s degree in piano performance.
- In May of 2009, I graduated with my Bachelor’s degree. Over the summer, my husband and I moved so we could attend graduate school the next year. Unfortunately, this meant I had to “give away” all my piano students and find new ones. =)
- On July 9, 2009, I decided that I was enjoying blogging enough to go full swing: I came up with the title “Color In My Piano,” bought my own domain name and a year’s worth of web hosting, and gave the site a whole new look.
- Since then, colorinmypiano.com has been steadily growing, including the addition of the Printables page for easier navigation through free resources, and new Facebook integration.
- February 11, 2010 was a record busy day: 425 page views!
- To date, colorinmypiano.com has had 18,371 visiters and has about 50 subscribers. THANK YOU!
To celebrate our first anniversary, I’ve updated an old post from July of 2009: 3 Printables for Interviewing New Students. The post previously contained only images of forms that I use in my own studio, but has been updated to contain pdfs that have been added to the Printables > Other Resources page. My studio logo has been taken off all three forms, for better use in your own studio if you so desire. That’s right, three new printables, all in one day!
Wow, one year! Let’s CELEBRATE! =)